The world thrives on innovation more than anything. Henry Ford was known to be an innovative person who created a strong assembly process for vehicles. His name is associated with innovation. In fact, that word is in the name of a unique museum named after him just outside Detroit.
The concept is still alive today. Innovation is the first thing that needs to be explored when you are aiming to make your work in growing and marketing your IT business more successful.
If you don’t have time to read this article and just want us to take care of growing your IT, Consulting or software company for you, then you can schedule a 1-1 appointment with us by clicking here.
Innovation refers to how you’re capable of finding better ways to satisfy the needs of your clients.
You have to show that you are distinct and unique. You must prove that you can get anyone’s problems solved quite well and in a more unique or beneficial way.
Just look at businesses like Amazon, Uber and PayPal. They have been innovative in that they make it easier for people to shop for things, get rides to places or manage money.
Of course, the example of Henry Ford is synonymous with innovation. His creation of a modern day vehicle and an assembly process for making it work made him into a truly innovative figure. He was able to get his famed Model T vehicle out to the public and establish his namesake company as one of the world’s more prominent automakers.
Meanwhile, companies like IBM and Apple have had to reorganize and restructure their business efforts over the years. They have had to change things around dramatically as a means of making it easier for them to offer new products or services just to stay active in the market. While they have grown and thrived over the years, it took some time and lots of effort for them to change things around.
Meanwhile, some businesses just went away because they could not think about anything unique or creative. For instance, the Service Merchandise retail store closed down because that company wasn’t able to come up with any new innovations. The company never managed to go forward against others like Macy’s or Sears and as a result fell apart.
Innovation is a clear key. Without innovation, you are likely to fail because you’ll just blend in with the rest of the pack.
Innovation is especially important for:
- Smaller IT businesses that provide IT services or products
- Web and mobile development teams including SaaS teams
- Product development teams
- Staffing and consultation teams
Any business that is smaller in size can benefit from innovation. Small businesses need to be capable of innovating new ideas and concepts so they can actually succeed.
It is much better to be innovative than it is to rely on just one or two clients or to hope that you will get more referrals to your site. You cannot guarantee that the same clients will be there forever or that people will actually refer your work to others.
Signs You Need to Be More Innovative
You will have to look at how your business is being run to get an idea of whether or not you are truly being innovative. Here are a few signs that suggest that you need to be more innovative in your work:
- You might struggle to get in front of possible future clients.
- You might feel as though your services are being treated as a commodity and not as something available for one’s convenience.
- The cash flow in your business isn’t all that strong and is keeping you from hiring more people to help you out.
- The list of prospects you have isn’t as strong as you wish it could be.
- You may be focused on partnerships and don’t have your own deals. It can be tiring to bear with partnerships where you might not have control over what you are doing.
- Existing projects are coming to an end and you need help with finding new business.
- You are having trouble trying to figure out what makes your work different from what everyone else has to offer.
- You don’t have any sales or marketing experience and you simply need help with trying to highlight what you have to offer.
- The digital marketing funnel you are using is impossible to predict and figure out.
These are all clear signs suggesting that you need to find ways to be creative and inventive in terms of what you want to get in a certain time period.
As you show how innovative you are, it will become easier for your business to be marketable. This helps you to show that you know what you want to share with people and that you’re ready to offer it to them in ways that are appropriate to their needs.
You must also know how to transform your business in a proper manner. This is where the next key series of points come into play.
If you want to learn more about how you can market you technology company better and implement a process for generating new clients on a monthly basis, click here to book a call with David Smit